Growth hormone (also known as HGH, somatropin, somatotropin, somatropic hormone and others) is a peptide hormone, the only substance that is produced in the pituitary gland. Growth hormones are called growth hormones due to the fact that in people under the age of 26, it provokes the fastest linear growth – in length. This is mainly due to the elongation of the tubular bones of the human limbs.
From the very beginning, growth hormone preparations were used for medical purposes, but over time, somatropin has gained great popularity in bodybuilding and sports. This is due to the fact that the action of somatotropin can cause an increase in muscle mass, a decrease in body fat.
Initially, growth hormone was presented on the pharmaceutical market in the form of an extract of the pituitary gland, seized from deceased people. Since the 80s of the last century, this type of hormone was banned, it was replaced by a synthetic, artificially synthesized somatotropin. Despite the fact that HGH is prohibited from use by competitive athletes, it is still used because it cannot be detected on a doping test.
Growth hormone is best suited for bodybuilding. Its use in powerlifting will not give the desired result, since the drug does not increase strength indicators.
The use of growth hormone in sports – what results to expect
Growth hormone production gradually decreases with age. The basic concentration of somatotropin in the blood is 1-5 ng / ml, with peaks its level in the body reaches 10-20, and in some cases 45 ng / ml. The minimum amount of growth hormone is observed in the elderly, the maximum in adolescents during their intensive growth in length and puberty. As confirmed by numerous reviews, growth hormone in bodybuilding allows you to achieve the following positive effect in sports disciplines:
- the amount of body fat decreases;
- in young people, before the closure of growth zones – 26 years of age, bone development and an increase in growth are observed;
- the skeletal system and immunity are strengthened;
- the concentration of glucose in the blood increases;
- the drug allows more efficient use of energy;
- accelerates regenerative processes;
- causes the re-development of internal organs that have atrophied with age;
- growth hormone has a rejuvenating effect;
- peptide hormone is characterized by a pronounced anabolic effect – it accelerates muscle growth, and somatotropin also has an anti-catabolic property – it stops the destruction of muscle tissue.
You can buy growth hormone here https://theroids.ws/teratropin-hgh-teragon-labs/.
Almost all the effects in such a sport as bodybuilding, growth hormone has due to its interaction with insulin-like growth factor, which is produced by the liver and causes the development of numerous internal organs. Along with the positive effects, somatotropin is able to provoke abnormalities in the functioning of the body:
- excessive growth of internal organs;
- tunnel syndrome;
- strong growth of limbs and facial bones – more typical for women;
- excessive accumulation of fluid in the body, a feeling of tightness in the joints, soreness in the muscles;
- increased insulin resistance.
- In most cases, these side effects occur with high dosages of the synthetic hormone.
What should be the dosage of growth hormone and the frequency of injections
The dosage of a drug such as synthetic growth hormone in bodybuilding can vary over a fairly wide range – from 2 to 40 IU daily. The amount of drug administered varies depending on the sports goals set:
- a daily dosage of 2-4 IU is suitable for those athletes who want to recover from injuries in a short period of time or to reduce the risk of injury, and this dosage is also suitable for combating age-related growth hormone deficiency in the body;
- to stimulate the breakdown of fats in the body, a dose of 4-10 IU will be sufficient;
- the optimal dosage will be 8-30 IU for those athletes who have set themselves the goal of gaining muscle mass and increasing endurance indicators.
As the reviews left behind confirm, bodybuilding growth hormone in high dosages does not always mean greater results. Do not exceed the daily dosage of 30 IU. Synthetic somatotropin is also actively used by women, only their effective dosage of the drug should be 1.5 times greater than the dosage for men.
In general, growth hormone is one of the main agents for improving the physical condition of many athletes, but like any other pharmaceutical drug, it requires careful use so as not to cause irreparable harm to the health of the athlete.